Saturday, June 24, 2006

Establishing Shots

These are some of the key sights in Buenos Aires, what my sister Elizabeth calls the 'establishing shots' as they would be the first things that get shown in a movie to tell you where it is set...
I am being a bit lazy because these are all within a 5 minute walk from my flat - of course there are others which I will no doubt photograph in due course!




The Obelisk on the crossroads of 9 Julio (widest avenue in the world, it is 20 lanes where I usually cross it and wider elsewhere) and Corrientes (the bustle of theatres & all night bars). Any Argentine will tell you what this commemorates as they are all very well educated on their own history. I'm not and have forgotten what it is there for!

Av 9 Julio, looking towards the Public Health Department and some dense pollution. Taken about an hour before an Argentina match, hence the lack of traffic.

Hhhm, more to follow, the thing has stopped uploading pics, so I will come back to it, honest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home